Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Relationship Rant

"she don't know how much I need her, she don't know I fall apart without her kiss, without her touch, without her faithful loving arms" - andy griggs

Now, is that too much to ask? I think not. I have a friend who's going through rough relationship times. She's in a lot of pain, and doesn't know what to do...doesn't know if she's being unreasonable for wanting to be with someone who absolutely positively wants to be with her.

because right now, her boyfriend isn't making her feel wanted like that.

perhaps me asking this question is just me being me, being someone who is a "hopeless romantic," and being someone who wants too much in a relationship. But you know what? My friends and I may have high standards and equally high hopes, but we certainly never ask for something that we don't give in return.

We're not asking for a dozen roses, or jewelry or expensive chocolates or whatever else people use to demonstrate their supposed love. I don't have a lot of money, I can't give that to someone. We're just asking to know that we're important to you, that you love us, that you think about us when we're not around.

Letters, phone calls, text messages, e-mails. A walk in the park. A picnic on the floor. A dessert that you found on your way home from work that you know he/she'd love. Their favorite lunch. A little note slipped into the pages of a book. A hug and a kiss for no reason. A compliment.

If you have someone that you love, bless your lucky stars. Make every effort to make that person know that they're special. Not because you have to, but because you want to.

And if you don't want to? Shame on you.

Comments:
I enjoyed your Blog and this entry. I hope to be back for more.
Cheers!
 
When a guy you think is cute does those things for you its love. When someone you're not interested in does it its stalking.
-The B.McC
 
How come when I did that she cheated on me with 3 guys. I mean, not even 6 mos after we got married. It's a laughing matter anyhow these days.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?