Tuesday, December 13, 2005

 

Facundo Montenegro

Please remember in your prayers ...

+ Mr. Facundo Montenegro, Assistant Professor for Clinical Studies in
the English Department, Program in Media Studies, in the School of Arts
and Sciences, died on Dec. 12, 2005. There will be a Memorial Mass
celebrated at 9am in Caldwell Chapel on Thursday, December 15th, 2005.
Condolences may be sent to the Montenegro family in care of the Program in Media Studies, 105 Marist Hall.

Fr. Robert Schlageter, OFM Conv

University Chaplain and Director of Campus Ministry


Facundo. key phrase was "don't force it." told us to not jam our movies with music. Thought of doing service projects to get us to give back. Called out my name and said hello when I was in Eastern Market with Lewis. Said that Elle, Court and I were an inspiration. Gave me an awesome recommendation for my current job, and for the jobs that I wasn't hired for. Cared about his students, even to the point of letting their whining change his mind. Knew my and elle's tricks, like accidentally erasing movies and then trying to recreate them, and then play off the shitty version as inspiration. Got us to go to artsy movies in the National Gallery of Art. Wore a homemade sweater that said "IOWA." Ate peanut m&ms one day in class.

Wasn't afraid to tell us how much we meant to him.

Oh Facundo. I can't believe you're gone.

And even though it breaks our hearts to see this...it needs to be here.


Comments:
Sorry Meg :(
 
I'm sorry, too. For him, for you and his family. Death is such a horrible thing.
 
What happenned to him? I am sorry for your loss.
 
I found you through Aramedes... I was expecting a light-hearted jovial blog and I found this. I'm saddened for your loss and he is in my prayers. And thank you for doing the right thing and paying your respects in a kind and appropriate manner. I never met the man but he sounded neat.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?