Monday, December 12, 2005

 

GRRRAAAAAARRGGHHHH

Big things generally don't bother me. Or maybe they do, but not in a huge way. I generally try to keep big stuff in stride. For me, it's the little things that make me explode.

For example when the STUPID DRYER DOESN'T DRY MY CLOTHES.

It probably wouldn't bother me so much, if it weren't for the fact that I had paid for each dryer. $1.50. So...$4.50. Down the drain. And I know, that's not very much. I know it's less than $5.

But like...I had put the last $10 that was in my wallet into that stupid laundry card machine. I put my stupid clothes in the stupid dryer, stupidly assuming that they would dry.

And I was feeling pretty damn smug, thinking that I had finished my laundry by the hour of 8 pm. Usually I sit around, wasting time until 10 pm rolls around. Or midnight.

So I waltzed down to the laundry room, opened the dryer, and was stunned, saddened and furious at what I found. I dropped an f-bomb, surprising the young teenage girl behind me. All three loads! Still wet!

Since I had $2 left on the laundry card, one dollar of which was e's (thanks girl!), I could only do one more load of drying. So I decided to go for all or nothing, and shoved all three loads into one of the huge utility dryers, pressed "High Heat" and hoped for the best.

Okay. The half hour is up.

Let's see if the dryer has pulled through for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?