Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

not to post twice in one day, but...

I thought this paragraph kinda umm...sums me up at times.

"I didn't abstain from parties and bars -- far from it -- but in the middle of whatever intoxicated state I have ever found myself, there sits a sober nugget like the metal BB inside the spray-paint can. There, deep inside, I am sane, rational, capable of discerning up from down, smart from dumb, dumb, dumb. Don't drive after a sip of wine, this dutiful take-no-prisoners conscience says. Don't kiss that boy. Move your fingers away from the fire. This judging capacity seems both a gift and a curse. It has both saved and doomed me. My friend Karen calls it my Wise Soul. I know it for what it truly is: a curmudgeonly voice of consequence and reason. I've been carrying it around since I was very, very young."

From Confessions of a Worrywart

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?