Wednesday, June 18, 2008

 

timing is still everything

Having wandered away from my usual 9-5 employment schedule, I've fallen behind on my daily sites. While perusing xkcd a few minutes ago, I came upon this comic...

I love it. And this comic reminds me that it's been a while since I've done the whole "re-assess my fun goals" thing.

So. Here they are. Still shooting for a hot air balloon ride in the fall. Learn how to quilt (sexy. I know). Go on a fun trip—travelzoo's machu picchu trip had me daydreaming all day today. Learn how to drive a stick, change the oil in a car, change a tire. Get a job, eventually. Don't settle (ESPECIALLY in the job realm, but in all areas). Do more diving, as in, you know, actually dive. Hit up the beach more often. Keep running.

Just when I think I'm going to stop blogging, some stranger steps into my life and cracks me up. Last night Tans and I were on the train heading back from happy hour. She got off at her stop, and I continued CHOWING down on my can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles (eating Sour Cream and Onion chips without fear of bad breath = a massive perk of being single). Due to my...klutziness, shall we say...when I made another grab in the can, I knocked it out of my hands and the contents cascaded all over the T floor by my feet. I said, "ohhh nooooooo" and bent over and started shoving the poor, sad, broken chips into a pile, then forced them back into the can.

This guy a few seats away...who before had not said a word or interacted with me at all...suddenly broke the silence, and said, in a kinda scared tone, "You're not going to each those....right?!"

I started laughing and said that me dropping it was probably a sign from God that eating half a can in one night was enough, and said that I was just picking them up. I love that this guy was so worried about my state and health that he spoke up to prevent what he thought was an inevitable and serious health violation in the making.

On a sidenote, it really illustrates why WMATA is so nazi about its patrons not eating on the Metro. "Would YOU pay $100 for a candy bar? I know I wouldn't."

Though the jury is still out in a lot of ways on the Boston vs. D.C. question, I'll take my food with a side of rats over sneaking fries in my pocketbook anyday. Or throwing away iced coffee after a 5:30 a.m. flight because the Reagan station manager won't let me on the Metro. Can you believe they actually have Dunkin Donuts INSIDE the Boston T stations?! It feels so illicit.

Comments:
1. You aren't allowed to stop blogging. Sorry, those are the breaks.

2. Oooh, I wanna go to Machu Picchu! (You knew I'd say that, right?)

3. About the quilting? I think it sounds cool, but girls tend to be impressed by that kind of stuff and guys not so much. I told a male friend I was learning to crochet and got made fun of for weeks!! In other words, when you meet a guy, don't bring that one out as a "teaser." Keep it in teh "mysterious" category.
 
1. we'll see ;-)
2. Hmmm....let's go!!!
3. hahaha yeah - I like the idea of keeping the dorky stuff in the "mysterious category"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?