Wednesday, October 22, 2008

 

deal or no deal?

I just took a cab from the T station to my house...it's 2 miles, tops. Before I got in the cab I told the driver that I only had $9, and wanted to make sure that was enough to get where I was going.

He was unclear about where I wanted, because he said that $9 wasn't enough (in fact, he was pretty adamant that I didn't have enough moola), and then asked if I lived near "the" dunkin donuts, which I do not.

Once we got on the same page, he said it was enough and I got in. When we pulled up to my house...oh...4 minutes later, I asked how much I owed him (the meter had NOT been running this whole time) and he said, "Well, give me what you have." And I said, "Really?" And he said, "Well, about that. More or less."

So I gave him the $9 and got out. I'm going to do some searching online tomorrow to see if I can come up with the correct fare and find out if I got gypped or not.

(Oh, and I would have walked home, except that my journey would have involved strolling under a deserted overpass, which freaks me out at 11:30 p.m.)

Comments:
They don't take credit cards? Not that I don't agree with you: It shouldn't have been $9.
 
No, I don't think they take credit cards. At least, I don't think he did.
 
update..I just took another cab on the exact same route, and it was $5.75. NINE DOLLARS MY ASS!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?